4 Levels Of...
Place of Learning:
45 - 60 min
6 – 8
9 – 12
The same dish can look very different based on who is cooking it. A beginning home cook’s version of scrambled eggs might be very different from a professional chef’s. In this lesson, you’ll examine how a dish can be prepared differently through the use of different ingredients, techniques, and tools. You’ll then plan some goals and map out what success looks like for you.
Student Learning Goals & Objectives:
- Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations
- Practice reflective thinking and responding.
Download Lesson Materials
- In a virtual classroom setting, this lesson could be set up as in a jigsaw format. Divide students into groups of five, and have each student choose a video to watch. Students can come back together to summarize their videos and discuss them in small groups.
- Some lesson plans are formatted as a fillable PDF so that students can answer the questions and return the document as if it were a worksheet. We recommend testing this functionality with your technology as it varies by device and operating system. If it does not work for you, consider using a google form or having students answer the questions in a new document and submitting their answers to you that way.
- If students are completing this lesson as part of the kitchen curriculum Cooking with Curiosity: Challenging Perfection with Reflection this lesson is 1.3: The third lesson of Unit 1.